Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I am using Usenet forums less and less

I am using Usenet forums less and less. My goal is to learn as many features of Vista as possible and I find I get more help in the Microsoft Forums. I am currently hanging out in Vistahlep.ca and the Bo2k. Forums. The main features I am looking at are controlling a remote host so that I can be used in business as peer to peer. You can connect to another person’s PC and Network do it out of your own home. There is a great deal to learn, but with perseverance and long hours learning it can be done. There are many blogs out there covering Computer Security so I am looking for ways to improve my blog and get advertisers on the blogs so it can start paying for itself. Running a web site is another idea at the back of mind and I think I will have to get one build professionally. There are many templates that you can use, but building one seems a better way to go. I am running two PC’s so that with the BO2k I can practise with the server on one box (PC) and have the client on the other. I expect it is going to be at least two months to get the hang of the bo2k software and get used to using it. It would be used for business purposes only as obviously it is a Trojan. I am learning to have AV not pick it up. There are some good posts in the Bo2k forum about this. For long, my spelling and writing have not been good so running the blog is a good way to improve on my typing, spelling and English skills. On the BOX that I have, a Lenovo, it came with a sixty free trial for Microsoft Word. Encrypting file’s has been of interest to me and I will write more about this latter. Having no Certifications or Computer Degree could be a draw back, but I feel that self teaching of the Net is a better way to learn about Computer Security as you learn by your own mistakes.

No comments: